Chemogiftbags is for men and women in the Thames Valley Area undergoing chemotherapy due to breast cancer.
Many people go through cancer feeling isolated and alone and have no one to care for them in their times of need or know what it is like to go through chemotherapy. Chemogiftbags is about letting people know we care. At such a difficult time we hope to bring some comfort by offering our gift bags. Everything in it has a use and purpose, be it for a physical side effect or an emotional one.
The bags are hand packed by our volunteers and contain both practical and luxurious items including natural bath products, head scarves, blankets, fluffy socks, puzzle book (to pass the time away), and a beautiful hand made heart shaped cushion to go under the arm to help with comfort and support after surgery. The bag is then hand delivered by one of our volunteers.
Registered Charity No. 1168095
58 Hazel Drive
Subject to availability these are items that we put in the bags – They are all natural products
- Body wash
- Black nail varnish
- Pill box if available. Many patients have various amounts of tablets to take.
- Note book and pen, as you become forgetful (Chemo Brain)
- Beanie hats/head scarves to keep head warm as of hair loss
- Cosy fluffy socks. Chemo can cause cracked skin. So the softer the better for gentleness to your feet.
- Blankets – fleeced, crotchet, knitted or patchwork
- Toiletry bag… for an over night stay
- Face cloth
- Tooth brush (child’s) gums can be very sore and bleed.
- Natural lip salve
- Wide toothed comb
- Anti bac, keep those germs away
- Mouth wash. MUST BE NON ALCOHOL
- Crafts that have been donated by Crafters
Help The CHEMOGIFTBAGS Charity
Purchase this high quality etched flask to donate 30% (£5.89) of the sales price to CHEMOGIFTBAGS
Top Quality Etched Bamboo and Stainless Steel Thermal Flask
Are you a local person, business or organization?
Would you like to get involved with the Overcome Breast Cancer UK project?
One way is to sponsor a charity like this one and be featured on our website.